Lisa enjoys the energy and connection of speaking at regional and national conferences as both a workshop presenter and keynote speaker. A professional writer for over two decades, she taught college writing and creative thinking courses at the Milwaukee School of Engineering for many years, where she received the 2014 Johnson Controls Part-time Faculty Teaching Award. Speaking fees vary according to topics and venue and can be tailored for preventions or hands-on workshops.
From Heirlooms to Stories
Treasured family letters, diaries, photographs, and other artifacts are bursting with untold stories. Learn how to turn these objects into narratives, essays, and poetry to share with family and friends (or even a wider world). We will use examples from the anthology Family Stories from the Attic (Hidden Timber Books, 2017) for inspiration (no purchase required).
Creative Thinking for Writers
Use creative thinking to bring more productivity and enjoyment to your writing.
Are you feeling stuck or stale in your writing? Bored with your routine? Even if you don’t think of yourself as especially creative, learn how to bring creative thinking research and techniques into your writing practice and process.
Selected Past Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- Wisconsin Parents Association (WPA) Home Education Conference
- Beyond IQ (Keynote Speaker)
- McHenry County College For Kids Workshop
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) Conference
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Children (SENG) Conference
- Minnesota Council for the Gifted and Talented (Speaker and Workshop)
- NAGC Britain
- South Dakota Festival of Books
- Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented (TAGT) Parent Conference (Keynote Speaker and Workshop Presenter)
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development
- Seattle Public Schools