It’s mid-January, and while the weather outside may not be frightful at the moment in Wisconsin, it is far from delightful.
Why not spend the weekend warming your creativity with some flash and micro fiction? Start by reading “Grow Your Own Mesozoic!!! Just $14.99” and “My Father Sold Machines,” then browse the flash fiction publishers and websites below. You might even be inspired to write some of your own! See “Stories in your pocket: How to write flash fiction” for more.
- Flash: The International Short-Short Story Magazine publishes works of no longer than 360 words.
- HOOT is a “magazine on a postcard” of fiction, poetry and book reviews—all under 150 words.
- NANO Fiction publishes stories of up to 300 words.
- Nanoism is an online publisher of Twitter fiction (up to 140 characters).
- The Postcard Press publishes fiction of up to 100 words.
- Six Word Stories allows you to share stories of—surprise!—six words.
- SmokeLong Quarterly publishes flash fiction of up to 1000 words.