Thirty days hath September…
All the rest have 31.
What can we do for the rest of the month?
- Write for ten minutes (longhand, on an e-tablet, whatever) before checking email or going online each morning. Do it for 30 days.
- Read for 15 minutes after supper or before bed or when the kids are in bed. Do it for 30 days.
- At lunchtime, do writing prompts or exercises from your favorite writing guidebook. Do it for 30 days.
- Read the daily Poem-a-Day from the Academy of American Poets, and commit a few lines to memory or write a short poem in response. Do it for 30 days.
- Write in a quotation journal a sentence you have read or overheard that is meaningful to you. Do it for 30 days.
- Send a handwritten postcard or letter to someone near or far, just because. Do it for 30 days.
- Write one page of a chapter or short story. Do it for 30 days.
What are some other ideas?