Proud To Be a Breepod Pea!
First, I want to thank Kate Grace for her interview of moi on her blog, A Bit of Grace. The interview is part of a series of interviews she is doing with clients of agent Bree Ogden, and every single one has been wonderfully fun and insightful. The school photo is from the mid-1970s, complete with a crocheted vest and ruffled shirt.
Here are the other interviews Kate has posted so far:
Although I’ve been writing for what seems like forever, I’m fairly new to blogging, having started last spring. At first, I didn’t know what to expect. There are so many blogs, so many really good blogs, and, just like on the first day at a new school, I wondered if I would find my way around, make new friends, understand the current lingo.
I needn’t have worried. Other bloggers, especially the bloggers I’ve met who blog because they are writers, are generous, welcoming and supportive. Although I’ve written a lot this summer about my quest to find a better balance between being online and offline, I don’t regret at all the time I have spent here in this community.
This summer I was thrilled to have received three blog awards from two bloggers whose work I adore.
Drum roll, please!
Anne Tyler Lord, who writes the blog, Don’t Fence Me In, surprised me with two awards recently: The Versatile Blogger Award (above) and One Lovely Blog Award (below).
Kelsey Ketch of Ketch Tavern also was generous enough to give me a One Lovely Blog Award. To both Anne and Kelsey (two of my favorite bloggers whom I wish I could put on my own list for these blog awards), thank you! Here are the rules for the two awards:
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
- Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
- Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
- Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
- Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Here are the seven things about myself:
- I surprise myself by how much time I can spend happily alone.
- I learned to count by counting calves in the pasture in the spring.
- My grandpa let me smoke his pipe while I sat on his knee.
- I have a hard time choosing between all the things I want to do.
- I can whistle very loudly (loud enough to get the attention of everyone in a large lecture hall) by putting my thumb and first finger in my mouth.
- I learned Ancient Greek in college to fulfill my foreign language requirements, because I didn’t have to speak it.
- I love to cook.
I would like to award both the One Lovely Blogger award and The Versatile Blogger award to these fifteen terrific blogs and bloggers. I love how Kelsey added to the rules for the awards “if you can or have the time” (no wonder I enjoy her blog so much). To all award recipients, please know that I only wish to express my admiration and appreciation for your time and talent, and the last thing I would want is for anyone to feel pressured to do anything that is not comfortable, so please do with the award what you will. All I ask is that you continue to blog!
- The Blue Inkwell
- Diving Into Beans
- Finding Josephine
- Life @ the Poles
- Love, Rose
- Magical Things. Beautiful Things.
- Once Upon a Blog
- Raising Smart Girls
- The Sophia Project
- Tessa Quin’s Blog
- They Say Everyone Has a Story…
- Writing Under Pressure
- Writing Without Paper
Finally, I was delighted when Kelsey also gave me a Summer Blogger Award (isn’t it beautiful?). By the way, please be sure to read a recent excerpt that Kelsey posted on her blog from her book Death’s Island.
The rules for this award are simple: thank the person who gave it to you with a link back in your post, and send this on to fellow bloggers who rock this summer. List 4 rocking bloggers (if you can or have the time) to share this with, and post a note to them through their comments.
I pass the Summer Blogging Award along to these bloggers who have informed, inspired, and impressed me this summer:
- Anne Tyler Lord (Don’t Fence Me In)
- Christi Craig (Writing Under Pressure)
- Michelle Johnson (Magical Things. Beautiful Things.)
- Sandi Johnson (The Blue Inkwell)
Happy Friday, everyone!